Thursday 31 March 2016

3 Healthy Snack Ideas to Try Today


 Hands up if you have over dosed on chocolate over Easter? 

If like me you want to kick start the healthy eating again after an indulgent bank holiday weekend, I have some great ideas for snacks that are easy to make and super healthy.


Almond & Blueberry Apple Slices
I love being creative with my food and these little slices are really fun to put together. Blueberries are well know for their antioxidant goodness and the apple will satisfy your sugar cravings as well as keeping hunger at bay. 

Start by slicing the apple horizontally across the core to create slices, then pile on the almond butter. I make my own almond butter, by baking almonds for 10 minutes before blitzing them into a smooth paste in the food processor, but ready bought butters are just as tasty!

Top them off with blueberries for a easy tasty snack at your desk or before the gym.



Chia & Nut Energy Balls

If I have time I love to make these balls in a big batch on a Sunday night ready for the week ahead. They are packed with goodness and are a perfect pick up for an eleven o'clock energy slump. The recipe is from Deliciously Ella's first book but I have adapted them to suit my diet. 

50g Walnuts
50g Almonds
1tsp Almond butter
1tsp Peanut butter
2 tbsp Chia Seeds
2 tbsp Coconut oil
200g Medjool dates

All blended together, rolled into balls and popping into the freezer to set for an hour before leaving in the fridge until ready to eat.



 Banana & Peanut Butter Bites 

These little gems are my go to evening snack when I am craving something sweet before bed. I like to buy crunchy peanut butter for a little added crunch to every bite. Slice the banana into small pieces and smooth on a teaspoon of the butter, yum! Bananas are a good source of potassium & magnesium which are known to aid sleep, so snacking on this before bed could help you nod off.




I hope these tips have got you inspired to get back on the healthy eating wagon, I love finding fun ways to eat better, little tips like this make me enjoy being healthy rather than finding it a chore.

Thanks for reading,

Anna x
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Made Up Style. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig